Get Unlimited job access and our daily jobs newsletter of Tv and Film Jobs In Harrisonburg
Welcome to CreativeJobsCentral
Here is the job you're interested in:
MMJ Bureau Reporter
0-1 Entry Level
Tue 23 Mar
WHSV is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia situated in the Shenandoah Valley. We have been consistently honored for our journalism by the Associated Press and Virginia Association of Broadcasters. Our team produces nearly 30 hours of local news each week. We strive to bring our viewers the best content on all platforms. Harrisonburg is a thriving community located two hours from Washington, D.C. and Richmond. We are the area's ABC, CBS and FOX affiliates.
Find your dream jobTo apply to this job, just follow these steps:
1. View Job Description
2. Become a Member of CreativeJobsCentral
3. Apply to this Job
4. Search for More Jobs
CreativeJobsCentral brings you real, exclusive and verified jobs in the creative sector that only match your goals. You can connect with over 2000 jobs.
If you're looking for your dream job, you won't find a better place.
MMJ (Bureau Reporter)
******-TV is accepting resumes for a full-time multi-media journalist to work out of our Augusta County newsroom. The successful candidate will have a passion for storytelling, enterprising stories, and the ability to ad-lib during breaking news situations. You could be the right match if you love digging for stories on a beat system, knocking on doors, and getting the facts right! Must be a self-motivator, able to meet deadlines, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate good news judgment and decision making. We’re looking for someone who maintains a positive work environment. Must embrace reporting on the web and social media just as much as on-air. The successful candidate will shoot and edit their own stories. Our bureau is located in beautiful Augusta County - the second largest county by to landmass in Virginia, so there's plenty of news to cover. Our bureau is staffed with two MMJs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Write, shoot, and edit stories on your own for newscasts and website
• Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web • Use social media sites (i.e. Facebook and Twitter) to report stories and interact with viewers
• Research, gather, & provide information in the most accurate, appealing, timely & creative way using all resources
• Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
• Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
• Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way
• Present TV stories in alternative and creative ways that emphasize storytelling techniques
• Ability to lift 35-40lbs of gear
• Recognize that he/she is a high-profile representative of our news organization in the community and conduct himself/herself in a professional and cordial manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned • Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Preferred 1 year previous news experience and previous live reporting experience • Ability to shoot and edit video, write scripts, and effectively communicate live on-air • While you are primarily on our Monday-Friday morning shift, flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape, is required • A degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience • Familiarity with non-linear editing, TVU, Sony ENG, Social Media • Valid Driver’s License with good driving record. Employment is contingent on a pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle background check.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please mention you saw this job on Creative Jobs Central!