Get Unlimited job access and our daily jobs newsletter of Tv and Film Jobs In Harrisonburg
Welcome to CreativeJobsCentral
Here is the job you're interested in:
1-3 Junior Level
Sat 22 Jun
# of employees
Can you work from home
Accept visa applicants
Find your dream jobTo apply to this job, just follow these steps:
1. View Job Description
2. Become a Member of CreativeJobsCentral
3. Apply to this Job
4. Search for More Jobs
CreativeJobsCentral brings you real, exclusive and verified jobs in the creative sector that only match your goals. You can connect with over 2000 jobs.
If you're looking for your dream job, you won't find a better place.
ABOUT GRAY TELEVISION:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 91 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
****** is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia situated in the Shenandoah Valley. We have been consistently honored for our journalism. Our team produces nearly 30 hours of local news each week. We strive to bring our viewers the best content on all platforms. Harrisonburg is a thriving community located two hours from Washington, D.C. and Richmond. We are the area's ABC, CBS and FOX affiliates. We also operate a 24/7 weather channel.
******-TV is accepting resumes for a full-time Assignment Manager. This is an essential member of the newsroom management team, working side-by-side with our producers and news director. Must be able to dream big; seeing the possible. Are you looking to take your leadership skills to the next level and help shape the way our news is covered? This could be the perfect position for a proven producer who has an interest in newsroom management. We're looking for someone to aggressively lead the team when breaking news happens. This means coordinating coverage, posting stories to our digital platforms, and communicating with producers and reporters. Our approach to breaking news is simple: break news on digital, push it on social media. add emotion and texture on TV. A major responsibility of this job requires you to keep the dayfile updated by constantly looking through court dockets, press releases and agendas. Management and organization of the newsroom staff schedule and larger news projects is also required.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Use bullet points & Listed duties):
- Managing newsroom scheduling - scheduling staff vacations, election planning, severe weather coverage planning.
- Run editorial meetings - lead the morning and afternoon pitch meetings and inform the staff of the plan for the day.
- Organization - must have strong organizational skills such as planning for TSRs and scheduling new hire training/onboarding.
- Communication - must enjoy and be effective talking with staff and viewers.
- Producing - you could be called upon to produce and/or booth during breaking news. Must have solid news judgement.
- Digital - you will occasionally post stories to our digital platforms and attend our Web QC meetings
- Leadership - as the "coach on the field" in the newsroom, you and the news director will frequently meet about coverage treatment, staff scheduling, "big picture" news planning. As one of the main newsroom leaders, you will be charged with coaching, training, and feedback for our journalists.
- Copyright Clearance Supervisor - you'll be trained on our copyright policies and will be a go-to person for such questions in the newsroom.
This is not an entry-level position. Because you'll be a coach and mentor to others in the newsroom, the ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of newsroom experience. If you are team oriented, good at multitasking, detail focused, driven and passionate about news in our local communities, this could be the right fit for you. Strong communication and organizational skills are a must. Must be willing to work with the team in a tight-knit newsroom, but make the tough calls when necessary.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please mention you saw this job on Creative Jobs Central!