Get Unlimited job access and our daily jobs newsletter of Museum Jobs In San Francisco
Welcome to CreativeJobsCentral
Here is the job you're interested in:
1-3 Junior Level
Tue 23 Feb
San Francisco, California
$30/hour plus benefits
Since its founding in 1984, The Contemporary Jewish Museum (The CJM) has distinguished itself as a welcoming place where visitors can connect with one another through dialogue and shared experiences with the arts. Ever changing, The CJM is a non-collecting institution that partners with national and international cultural institutions to present exhibitions that are both timely and relevant and represent the highest level of artistic achievement and scholarship.
Find your dream jobTo apply to this job, just follow these steps:
1. View Job Description
2. Become a Member of CreativeJobsCentral
3. Apply to this Job
4. Search for More Jobs
CreativeJobsCentral brings you real, exclusive and verified jobs in the creative sector that only match your goals. You can connect with over 2000 jobs.
If you're looking for your dream job, you won't find a better place.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications (Associate DMC), the Designer is an integral member of the Marketing and Communications team, providing high quality design and project management support for a wide range of stakeholders across The Museum. This role is responsible for print and digital design projects of varying size, including early concepting and creative briefs, incorporating stakeholder feedback, overseeing production, and communicating with vendors.
The CJM is currently closed to the public in accordance with the latest guidelines from local and state public health authorities, and is planning for reopening when San Francisco health and safety mandates allow. This role may be a combination of remote and on-site work. However, once The CJM is open to visitors, some work within the building and in galleries will be expected. The schedule will be based on specific projects and exhibitions, and will always consider safe distancing and safety protocols.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conceptualizes design communications that engage museum audiences through a range of media, including print, environmental graphics, outdoor media, online media, print and digital publications, and in-gallery graphics
• Meets with key stakeholders across the organization to plan the scope and schedule of individual design projects. Communicates those schedules and objectives to supervisor
• With the guidance of the Associate DMC, ensures that all projects adhere to visual branding guidelines, meet organizational standards, and support The Museum’s mission, values, and vision
• Provides comprehensive project management for design projects, defining cross-functional workflows according to project schedules, task assignment, and distribution
• Schedules, bids, produces, and delivers projects within designated budgets and timelines
• Coordinates production, delivery schedules, and installation with external vendors
• Meets regularly with the Associate DMC to ensure all design contributes to a cohesive museum brand
• Attends cross-departmental project meetings and communicates project updates to the Associate DMC
• Reviews proofs for accuracy, attends press-checks, and communicates production issues affecting design, schedule, or budget to appropriate stakeholders
• Once the Associate DMC and department directors establish design, production, and budget parameters, independently manage all aspects of individual projects, from delivery to implementation
Education and Experience
• Degree or relevant experience in a design-related field
• 2+ years of professional graphic design experience at an agency, design studio, museum, or publication
• Experience contributing to creative design teams, preferably in a museum, arts and cultural organization, or creative agency
• Experience preparing files for production in a variety of contexts and materials
• Interest in and dedication to the mission and core values of The CJM, including its commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity, access, and inclusion.
Skills and Abilities
• Strong sense of typography, visual design, and branding principles
• Expertise in Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
• Proficiency in Mac OS
• Proficiency with project management tools. Experience with Asana desired
• Ability to prioritize projects and manage time appropriately
• Thorough understanding of digital design and production platforms, with an emphasis on email and digital marketing, and web design
• Clear understanding of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with ability to tweak a set of raw assets to best fit each platform’s audience
• Strong and effective visual and verbal presentation skills
• Strong listening skills and ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to adjust to changing project scopes and workload
• Solid portfolio of creative ideas. Personal projects welcome
The CJM is looking for candidates who do great work, and we know they may come from a number of different backgrounds and experiences. We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every one of the qualifications for the position.
****** is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, age, marital or domestic partner status, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, The CJM will consider for employment
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please mention you saw this job on Creative Jobs Central!