Get Unlimited job access and our daily jobs newsletter of Gallery Jobs In Dallas/Ft.Worth
Welcome to CreativeJobsCentral
Here is the job you're interested in:
Gallery Administrative Assistant
1-3 Junior Level
Mon 24 Jun
Commensurate with experience
Find your dream jobTo apply to this job, just follow these steps:
1. View Job Description
2. Become a Member of CreativeJobsCentral
3. Apply to this Job
4. Search for More Jobs
CreativeJobsCentral brings you real, exclusive and verified jobs in the creative sector that only match your goals. You can connect with over 2000 jobs.
If you're looking for your dream job, you won't find a better place.
Art Gallery Assistant
compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
High End, Contemporary Fine Art gallery seeks a highly professional and detail oriented person to work in a busy team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will possess a B.A. in Art History, or Journalism and will have a demonstrated interest in the contemporary art world. The candidate should also have a solid working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, and have a high proficiency in Mac systems and Microsoft Office. Additionally, the successful candidate should have some level of administrative experience, interpersonal skills and PR experience is preferred. Excellent communication and writing skills are required, encompassing both written and verbal. Very strong social media skills are essential. Must be able to work Monday through Saturday and some evenings.
- Keep Social Media current and exciting
- Manage exhibition Logistics
- Aid in the day-to-day operations of the gallery
- Provide administrative and research support
- Develop additional programing and initiatives
- Coordinate exhibitions
- Expense monitoring
- Strong organizational and computer skills a must
- Design exhibition materials using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- Create Press Releases.
- Maintain and expand social media presence.
- Update the company website with upcoming events and artist information.
- Develop relationships with Museums.
- Prepare for art fairs
- Catalogue new and incoming artworks, obtaining details from dealers, artists or consignors.
- Maintain all artwork information in Masterpiece inventory system.
- Request and manage shipping quotes.
- Liaise with dealers and clients to arrange delivery of sold works.
- Issue or request certificates of insurance, as needed.
- Direct annual physical inventory and reconciliation.
- Maintain file of active consignments.
- Request and maintain archive of certificates of authenticity when necessary.
- Provide financial data to accounting and assist in tracking expenses.
- Basic office and administrative responsibilities.
- Offer proactive suggestions for greater organization and efficiency.
- Excellent position for a capable, flexible, sales and goal oriented professional who thrives in a challenging and rapidly expanding environment.
- High energy, determination and a collaborative and positive attitude are key.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
Only submissions of a resume and cover letter outlining your interest and why you believe you have the qualifications that you would thrive and add value in a career in the art world will be considered. Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter.. Please no phone inquiries. Only submissions with a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit will be considered.
Please mention you saw this job on Creative Jobs Central!